King Island Retreat
Enjoy Oceanfront Accommodation and Exquisite Cuisine at Our King Island Retreat
Our King Island retreat fronts the Southern Ocean and offers a stunning, rugged landscape, quiet, sheltered rock pools, and coves. You can dive, snorkel, swim, fish, and gather seashells at the white sandy beach a short walk away. Discover more about our beautiful, unspoiled location and our deluxe, architect-designed dwellings that offer all the home comforts you desire.
What Does Our Tasmania Retreat Offer You?
Aside from the cosy one-, two-, and three-bedroom accommodation, we have a large and functional kitchen to prepare and enjoy King Island's finest produce. You will also encounter free-roaming wallabies, extensive birdlife, and spectacular sunsets.
- Our bedrooms have seats in the large picture frame windows where you can read a book or take in the spellbinding, unbroken ocean views. Just push a button to operate the automated blinds.
- Listen to your favourite music, relax, and rejuvenate in your comfortable bed after making a hot drink in the fully equipped kitchen. If you are up at dawn, you can watch the fishing boats trawling their lines through the binoculars we provide or pulling up the lobster pots directly in front of you.
- Prepare tasty meals with the products you have sourced on the island in the kitchen containing all the Miele appliances and high-end cookware you need.
Watch the flashing Currie lighthouse from your stylish, comfortable sofa or chaise lounge in the living room at night. There is a gas fireplace, smart TV, plus high-tech sound and lighting systems you can control to suit the mood you wish to convey in your King Island scenic retreat.
View the Amenities We Provide When You Book Your Tasmania Retreat Accommodation
Establish what to expect and book a house or the entire facility online. Stay for a weekend or enjoy the photographic opportunities, foraging, exploration, and other activities the surrounding area provides for five to seven days.
- The comfortably and elegantly furnished Australian two-bedroom house is close to the shoreline. It has 180-degree views of the landscape from every room and provides laundry facilities, ample cupboard space, and a Weber BBQ.
- Like the other houses, the three-bedroom, fully glazed Caladenia, which can accommodate up to six guests, allows you to enjoy the natural beauty that surrounds you. It sits high above the dunes and has a cantilevered floor that will make you feel like you’re standing on a ship’s bow while the waves crash on the rocks in front of you.
- The gas-log fires and reverse air conditioning units in all three houses keep our guests perfectly happy, whether it’s cold or hot outside.
Our site provides information to help you apply for the appropriate fishing license if you want to dive for crayfish and abalone during the permitted season.
Why Stay at Ettrick Rocks?
Individuals, couples, and honeymooners enjoy the tranquil Pimelea one-bedroom. Families and groups of friends pass delightfully memorable holidays in our larger Australina and Caladenia homes.
Contact us if you have questions or to book your next holiday.